Intravenous Conscious Sedation – Skilled Dentist Serving Patients in Prescott and Surrounding Areas
If you suffer from moderate or severe dental anxiety – significant fear of the pain many patients associate with receiving dental treatment – intravenous (IV) sedation dentistry may be an excellent option. Dr. Jerome Cutler, a certified sedation dentist, provides IV conscious sedation for patients in Prescott and surrounding communities. This safe and highly effective treatment helps patients relax – even sleep – in the dentist’s chair. IV conscious sedation may be the solution for which you’ve been looking.
- What is Intravenous Conscious Sedation?
- Benefits of Intravenous Conscious Sedation
- Risks of Intravenous Conscious Sedation
- Our Sedation Dentist – Dr. Jerome Cutler
What is Intravenous Conscious Sedation?
Intravenous conscious sedation involves the administering of a strong dental sedative by injection into the bloodstream at the beginning of the patient’s dental appointment. The sedative takes effect almost instantly, inducing a completely relaxed state. The sedative is continuously administered throughout the procedure, maintaining the sedative’s effect. The dentist also continuously monitors the patient’s breathing, pulse, blood pressure, and heart rate throughout the procedure. Patients are completely relaxed throughout their dental treatment, and many have little or no memory of the procedure. For this reason, intravenous conscious sedation is sometimes referred to as “sleep dentistry”.
Contact our office to learn more about your sedation dentistry options, including intravenous conscious sedation. Our dentist welcomes patients in Prescott and surrounding areas.
Benefits of Intravenous Conscious Sedation
The benefits of intravenous conscious sedation include the fact that it:
- Is more effective against moderate to severe dental anxiety than oral conscious sedation
- Can be an excellent option for patients with extreme dental anxiety, since IV sedation can eliminate patients’ recollection of their dental procedure altogether
- Allows dentists to perform multiple dental procedures in one visit if needed, often eliminating the need for repeated dental appointments
Risks of Intravenous Conscious Sedation
The risks of intravenous conscious sedation include the fact that it:
- Not be an appropriate option for all patients
- Cause prolonged drowsiness
- Not eliminate patients’ anxiety prior to arriving at the dentist
Our Sedation Dentist – Dr. Jerome Cutler
Dr. Cutler has obtained the specialized advanced training and certification by the state Board of Dental Examiners required to provide IV conscious sedation. A member of the Dental Organization for Conscious Sedation, Dr. Cutler is a well-regarded sedation dentist in Prescott and surrounding areas. He pursues continuing education to remain abreast of the most recent advances in sedation dentistry.
Learn More about Intravenous Conscious Sedation – Contact Our Dentist -Dr. Jerome Cutler
Contact our office to learn more about how you may benefit from intravenous conscious sedation. Our dentist serves patients in Prescott and surrounding areas. Our team is committed to helping patients choose the best sedation dentistry option to meet their needs.